This week’s uniform changes had about as much action as the Game of the Century. Not one team stood out. It seems most of the uniform surprises were saved for the start of the season.
Hopefully, things will change as the national title game comes into focus.
With that, we will move directly to a decent amount of quick hits:
- Iowa probably made the biggest splash in a very subtle way when they defeated Michigan. The changes came in two parts. First, the Hawkeyes made their usual yellow decals into a version of the American flag. The second part was a continuation of the Steelers look-a-like uniform. They did not have anything on one side of the helmet, very Steeler-esque.
- Oregon State went with an alternate orange uniform with black pants in a loss to Stanford. The look is pretty good overall. I like the normal black uniforms as well. Oregon State games are always fun to watch because of the uniforms.
- Washington State has a very odd away uniform against Cal. They wore gray pants to go with their usual red helmets and white uniforms. The look seems strange. Red or white pants would have worked much better.
- Oklahoma State kept the tradition of black uniforms for a night game that is nationally televised. The gray helmets with the black uniforms ans gray pants was odd, but as long as the Cowboys keep winning, I’m sure they’ll stick with it.
- Boise State went with white helmets on the road. Instead of their odd Pro Combat helmets, these had the normal Boise logo, just added the white factor to the helmet.